Thursday, April 18, 2013

How committed are you? by Melissa Kathryn


How committed are you?

 by Melissa Kathryn of  by MelissaKathrynMakeover.com
This week I was with my business coach and mastermind group and we discussed the word commitment and what that meant. I committed to this group of women, to my coach and to myself almost a year ago to show up everyday and stand in my fears, stand in uncertainty, stay consistent and hold myself accountable to continue pursuing my dreams with my business, the person I aim to be and the life I’m here to create.
I’m not going to lie to you, it has been really hard. I have had to face every fear (I still do), I have had to find a level of faith; faith in myself and God and trust that life is always supporting me. I have pushed myself and am always outside my element and comfort zone. It’s scary and it’s amazing all at the same time. Going after my dreams, staying committed; my determination and motivation waivers day to day, but I stay committed. I hold myself accountable. Why? Because I have not only committed to myself but I have FULLY committed to you!
Earlier today when we talked about commitment, it got me thinking about the areas of my life where I am committed, and the areas where I say I am, but haven’t been fully showing up; meaning really giving it everything I’ve got to succeed.

This is true commitment – when you have pushed yourself, when you stay true to your voice, to your goals and take consistent action, no matter the circumstance. (Tweet it.)

Often times, we declare we want things. We claim we have tried and tried but can’t succeed. But are we really committed to making them happen? Are we REALLY doing everything possible to fulfill our desires or are we hiding behind our fears and finding excuses or blaming others?
Excuses allow you stay stagnant, to stay in your comfort zone. When this comes up for you or you feel overwhelmed and it seems like A LOT of work…PUSH THROUGH IT, TRY AGAIN, ASK FOR SUPPORT, FIND STRENGTH FROM WITHIN. I don’t know about you, but I want more for you and for myself than to allow my fears to hold me back from having the body and life of my dreams – We ALL deserve that!

Life is scary. Hard work is not always fun, but the rewards are worth every moment. The feeling of self-satisfaction that only you and hard work can bring yourself is priceless. (Tweet it)

Goals are goals because they are something we strive for and work towards. When it comes to your health, your body, your weight…
How committed are you? 
How committed are you to your goals? 
How committed are you to your success? 
How committed are you to yourself? 
How committed are you to your happiness?

Are you doing everything you can to succeed or are you making excuses for why you can’t instead of finding ways for why you CAN?

Take time think about your goals. What are you truly committed to? What do you want in life? Are you really doing everything you can to make it happen? Be honest with yourself, because excuses aren’t doing you or your body any favors.
It’s time to make a change and that change needs to start now and it needs to start with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment